Welcome to a select breed!
An Alpha Gamma Sigma advisor is a very fortunate person because of the continual involvement with intellectually inspired students. Involved and committed people are always more interesting and inspiring. Involvement and commitment are the most important elements that determine a successful AGS chapter.
State Scholarship Packet (2017) Dues Payment Form: (Due Annually – June 30th) Honor Roll/ Permanent Member Form: (Due Annually – June 30th) Jewelry Order Form Advisor Update Form
New Advisor Communiqué
1) Attendance requirement may be met in one of two ways. a) Attend the State Convention in the spring or b) Attend the Fall Advisors Meeting AND the Fall Regional Conference.
2) Attendance at a Fall Regional Conference is mandatory if student delegates attend. If your chapter has more than one advisor, then these duties may be shared. Please be sure to sign the roll sheet at all meetings or attendance will not be recorded.
3) Dues and scholarship donations must be paid by school check and postmarked no later than June 30th. Dues are $40 per academic year. Membership dues are $7.00 per member and include the chapter membership counts for both Fall and Spring of the prior academic year. For example: A check mailed in May of 2013 would count students from Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 plus dues for the ’12/’13 academic year. Dues will be accepted through October 31st provided a $14.00 late fee is included. Dues and scholarship monies should be mailed to the Treasurer.
4) Permanent Members Report and Honor Roll Nominations must be filed by October 31st of each year. The report will cover the same academic year as dues. Reports must be filed, even when no Permanent status is granted.
5) A copy of each chapter’s bylaws must be on file. The chapter bylaws need to be re-filed only when they are updated.
6) Some jewelry items and all certificate items must be ordered by an advisor, and payment must be by school check or money order. See the AGS Jewelry page for prices and for items that anyone can order. Jewelry orders should be made to the Vice-Treasurer. Payment goes to the treasurer.
7) Scholarship applications must be mailed by the stated deadline to the scholarship chair.
8) Please notify a state officer in writing of any changes in advisor status, including phone and address changes. It is recommended that an outgoing advisor take the time to train and inform new advisors of the responsibilities outlined here.
9) Chapters with multiple advisors should designate one advisor as chief advisor to have the ultimate responsibility for the chapter.